My thoughts...

My thoughts...

Regarding the completion of Volume 1, I still feel there's more to fix. I probably hire an editor. But it shall happen after I got a work.

Creating this novel came from many reasons. But the primary reason is my demon. I won't elaborate but the three main characters of the story are the three faces of my demon. This is also why I write the 1st volume this way. I want to build characters first, which to the expense of the suspense and stakes. My mistake.

Reviewing the first chapter, the premise felt average at best. It was about a child who became interested in powers due to his neighbors' stories. Next, Sarah's unruliness and Jed's goal weren't explained why in the second chapter which is not necessarily a very interesting premise. Though Sarah's story was explained in the later chapters, this was where I felt shame. For me it was lacking in emotional aspect, lacking a single jolt.

The one I'm deeply satisfied with was writing Ayill. I wanted him to be a major influencer for the trio. I don't want to kill him but I think his ending has far more meaning, especially regarding life. You may not find it at first but I have nasty antics that I've hidden in the story: Peace y'all if you can't find it!

I sense I can do better for all its shortcomings. That's why I need reactions, reviews, thoughts and criticism to improve my work. My problem is that I'm too shy to promote or post about my work.

Right now, I have to prepare for my board exam. Covid19 disarrayed my plans and this led me to write first than to study. So, now I will focus on my studies for the meantime. Just four months... 

As for Volume 2, I am mid-way in writing it. I got so many ideas. Things have gotten intense and interesting, at least for me. Stakes finally appeared and many more. Just keep waiting guys. I promise I'll be back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOML – Chapter 9: Trap in a dream

SOML – Chapter 14: This is my home

SOML – Chapter 3: The Academy of Hopes and Dreams